- Submit an application for licensure to the board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) where you wish to be licensed/registered. Be sure to meet that BON’s/RB’s application deadline.
- Register for the NCLEX using one of the following methods:
Visit the NCLEX Candidate website (www.pearsonvue.com/nclex) to register.
You can pay for your registration by credit, debit, or prepaid card, using one of the following: VISA, MasterCard or American Express. Have your credit card ready when you begin your registration. An email address is required when registering via the web.
Call Pearson VUE NCLEX Candidate Services at one of the numbers listed on Page 1 of this bulletin.
- An email address is required when registering over the phone.
- You can pay using a valid VISA, MasterCard or American Express credit, debit, or prepaid card.
- Have your credit card ready when you make your telephone call. You must provide the name shown on the credit card, the credit card number and the expiration date.
Registration Time Limit
All NCLEX registrations will remain open for a 365-day time period during which a board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB) can determine a candidate’s eligibility. This time period begins when the BON/RB receives the candidate’s NCLEX registration from the test service. Once a candidate is made eligible, he or she must test within the validity dates printed on the ATT.
Candidates who are not made eligible or are denied eligibility by their BON/RB within the 365-day time period will forfeit their NCLEX registration, including the registration fee. candidates who wish to take the NCLEX will need to reregister and pay another examination fee. You must wait until your current registration expires before reregistering. A candidate may not have two NCLEX registrations (of the
same exam type) open at the same time.
Nursing schools, agencies or employers may register and administratively pay for the NCLEX on behalf of the candidate. Visit www.pearsonvue.com/nclex and complete a registration for the candidate or call Pearson VUE NCLEX Candidate Services at one of the numbers listed on Page 1 of this bulletin. Third party payments may be paid for by credit, debit, or prepaid card using one of the following: Visa, MasterCard or American Express.
Testing accommodations for otherwise qualified candidates can be provided only with the authorization of your board of nursing/regulatory body (BON/RB).
- Request information from your BON/RB concerning its requirements for receiving testing accommodations. This should be done before submitting your NCLEX registration.
- Make a written request for accommodations to your BON/RB. Your request must comply with requirements established by your BON/RB for candidates requesting testing accommodations.
- Send your request to your BON/RB as early as possible so that, if approved, the testing accommodations can be made in a timely manner. Do not schedule an appointment to take the NCLEX until you have received written confirmation of your accommodations and your ATT email indicating “Accommodations Granted.”
Candidates approved for testing with accommodations must schedule their testing appointment through the NCLEX Accommodations Coordinator by calling Pearson VUE NCLEX Candidate Services at the telephone number listed on their ATT and asking for the NCLEX Accommodations Coordinator.
Candidates with accommodations cannot cancel their accommodations at the time of their appointment. Candidates who seek to test with accommodations cannot schedule their appointments through the NCLEX Candidate website.