The World Health Organization’s ‘Age-Friendly World’ initiative deserves careful consideration in cancer care. Age-friendliness is an approach to restructuring our current communities to be suitable and even inviting to older people, especially those who are vulnerable as a result of frailty and changing abilities.
- Age-friendly communities
- Recognize the wide range of capacities and resources among older people;
- Anticipate and respond flexibly to ageing-related needs and preferences;
- Respect older people’s decisions and lifestyle choices;
- Protect those who are most vulnerable; and
- Promote older people’s inclusion in and contribution to all areas of community life.
Click HERE to read more on this.